Recipe taken from Barbara Rolek from about.com
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 4 large beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pound farmers cheese
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup sugar or more to taste
- To make the blintzes, beat together all the blintz ingredients and let the batter rest for at least a half hour. Heat a small skillet (about 7 inches) and add a pat of butter. Pour about 1/4 cup batter into the pan and swirl it around, pouring off excess. Don’t let it brown. Flip and cook the other side for a few seconds. Then turn blintz out onto a towel. Repeat with with remaining batter and pats of butter.
- To make the filling, mix together all the filling ingredients in a large bowl.
- To assemble, place 1 blintz on a work surface and place 1 tablespoon on top. Fold envelope style and roll up. Continue with remaining blintzes and filling.
- Fry filled blintzes in butter until golden brown. Serve with sour cream and / or fruit toppings.A thank you to Baruch Dov Bear from the Facebook Cooks! Group for submitting to me this recipe on Facebook!